Thursday, February 3, 2011

pax box work update

I keep trying Pax on the box and its definitely a bit of a mess. Lots of double hitting and crumpling. In so many ways he is advanced....he is able to do all the jumps perfectly and isnt distracted by anything. This tempts me to push his training beyond what he is ready for. I think I really just need to focus on wall work only and leave the box for a few months. He is only 9 months old and has plenty of time to learn his box turn. I need to keep reminding myself that it is worth it to take a step back and train him slowly.

It is very different for me to train my own dog, compared to other peoples dogs. Especially in flyball. I have been fortunate to have dogs that are ready for the game before their bodies are ready. We will be going to the Touch N Go seminar this month and have a working spot for Pax. This should be really helpful for figuring out which direction to take his training

Even with our break from box work, expect to see Pax debut sometime this summer!

Here is the train wreck

No comments:

Post a Comment